So, I haven’t posted in a while. I have come to accept that it’s okay that I don’t know what the true vision I have for this site is. I’ve worked really hard to figure out lots of things in my life, but have learned that the things we inherently know don’t take any work to figure out. And I am not sure if I inherently know anything about blogging, except that sometimes it feels more like work than fun, and I am trying to focus on things that feel natural. It’s been an interesting process, to say the least.
If you want to learn more about yourself, strip away the things that distract you. For me, that means not working on anything. I use my creativity to distract myself from a lot of things, and in a way it had begun to feel like I was using my powers for evil instead of good. So, I am cleansing my palette and seeing what I come up with. I’m hoping that what I discover feels so natural that I wonder how I never thought about it before.
In the meantime, here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Bowling (we joined a league for the summer!)
- Watching Girls on HBOGO (just started Season 2; I am now on the Lena Dunham bandwagon.)
- Collecting paper/trinkets for a scrapbooking project I might embark on
- Counting down the days to our Destin trip
- Participating in a six week NerdFitness challenge
- Killing it at work
- Planning mine and Shelton’s wedding on Pinterest (except we’re not engaged – oops)
- Still trying to accept the outcome of The Red Wedding
- Embracing summer – it’s finally here!
- Unpacking (still)
- Loving Shelton every single day (truth nugget)
- Gearing up for the Zac Brown Band concert next weekend! (I like my chicken fried)
- Daydreaming a little bit less, living in the moment a lot more
What have you been up to? Sometimes just making a little list like this one every now and then is a good reminder of just all the things you’ve accomplished!