See ya later, alligator! Not only is December over but 2012 is done-zo.
Sing it with me, people… “It’s the holiday season…”
Except you have to really project “holiday,” like HAAAAAAHLEHDAY. It’s only worth doing if you do it like that. I tend to
sing yell these lyrics to Spuds, and this is usually his response to me:
And then he’s like, “Oh, you again. You still don’t warrant my attention.”
Back to sleep he goes.
But, I know *you* wouldn’t look at me like that! I know *you* are excited for the holidays and totally want to celebrate with a new to-do list! So, since we only get one month a year to be pumped about Santa Claus and Christmas trees… I like to do all the traditional things as well as mix in a few new things as well.
Did you enjoy November’s to-do list? Click here to read about all the items I completed… as well as the ones I didn’t. #shame
Sarah’s December To-Do List
- Make Mom’s Spiced Tea. Recipe coming soon–it’s insanely delicious! Didn’t do so hot on this one… I might save it for a guest post!
Watch all my favorite Christmas movies… The Holiday, Love Actually, Miracle on 34th Street… What are your favorites?24 hours of A Christmas Story!
- Finish my felt ornament kits–
make my own DIY! (That’s a lofty goal there.) I didn’t finish all the kits I purchased, but I managed to complete four ornaments as well as both mine and Shelton’s stockings! I also made two ornaments for a friend who’s getting married in February all on my own. I think I’ll save the remaining ornament kits for next year. Finalize my Christmas shopping list. This is always so hard for me to do…This almost killed me, but somehow I got it done!
- Go see The Hobbit and Les Miserables! I love this time of year because lots of good movies come out. Epic fail here.
Eat a chocolate orange. Oh my god, It’s sad how much I love these things.There’s no photo evidence of this, because, well, we ate it. Start a tradition, or better yet, let a tradition happen. Then repeat it next year! I love the idea of traditions and am always looking for new and interesting ways to celebrate life. This month I’d like to remain open to new traditions, but also realize that sometimes traditions can happen to you. That’s exciting as well! We’ll see what unfolds…Scary movie on Christmas Eve and mimosas on Christmas Day were my favorites. Definitely contenders for Christmas 2013.
- Scrapbook 2012 memories. Late last year I started filling a jar with memories (ticket stubs, pictures, notes, etc.) and now the jar is FULL! This item is a must for me. It’s been way too long since I scrapbooked or noted past memories. I don’t want them to slip away, because they surely will if I don’t take the time to work on them. Plus–I have to make room for 2013 memories! I’m going to get to this, I swear.
- Focus on decorating our bedroom – we need something above the bed! It’s been fun showing y’all the different rooms in our apartment via out little Apartment Tour series, but I’m afraid that right now our bedroom isn’t blog-worthy at all! We’re missing something above our bed, and I’d like to work on getting something up there sooner rather than later. Don’t be surprised if you see this bullet on January’s To-Do List.
Plan our road trip to Texas. We’ll have 42 hours in the car total… what to do? Yes, you read right, we’re DRIVING to Texas for Christmas! I am excited to see family and also have the one-on-one time in the car with Shelton. We’ll need to map out our trip, make playlists, shop for snacks and so much more! What are your must-do activities for car travel? Anything you won’t go on a trip without?We were totally prepared for our road trip to Texas! Except for the bars I made and then left in the fridge. This deserves a post all of its’ own…