I recently have been lucky enough to be nominated for a couple blog awards, One Lovely Blog Award by the always lovely Janey Lambert and the Liebster Blog Award by a new bloggy friend (and fellow SITS-ah), Cluttered Genius. Since I am lazy, and the nomination “requirements” are similar, I’m going to pull a Janey and combine the two. I don’t know who ever actually wins these different blog awards, but I think they’re a great way to connect with people and increase your network. So, here it goes!
Side note: If you’re a blogger and looking for new people to connect with, I recommend all these ladies!
One Lovely Blog Award + Liebster Award
One Lovely Blog Award, Step 1: Thank the person who gave you this award.
Janey, you hold a special place in my blogging heart. I feel so lucky that we were paired together in a CD swap a couple years ago, because I’ve enjoyed your posts and tweets ever since. Thank you so much for nominating me – I know it comes from your blogging heart as well, and that is why it feels so lovely. (See what I did there?)
One Lovely Blog Award, Step 2: Share seven things about yourself.
- Listening to voice mails make me nervous.
- When Harry Potter ended in 2007, it was hard for me to read new things because nothing was as good.
- Nothing makes me happier than a brand new sketchbook.
- When I was little I had a pet calf named Clarice that I would feed with a massive bottle.
- I’ve never been happier in life than I am right now.
- I somehow wear the color pink everyday.
- Being wrapped up in a project makes my heart sing.
Liebster Award, Step 1: Tell eleven things about yourself.
- If I could live in the world of Mad Men, I would.
- I will never-ever-ever turn down Panera. Ever.
- It’s a little sad just.how.excited I get about snail mail. (And no more delivery on Saturday? What is the world coming to?)
- I’ve probably had one too many if I start asking where the nearest What-A-Burger is.
- Nothing feels more perfect to me than a quiet evening at home.
- I’m totally addicted to those gypsies on TLC.
- I love trying new restaurants!
- When it comes to crafting, I consider myself a Jane-of-all-trades. Maybe one day I’ll master something.
- I need to go to Europe. Soon.
- If we go to brunch, I prefer my eggs over easy. Unless Eggs Benedict is on the menu. Then all bets are off.
- Overcast days are my favorite.
Liebster Award, Step 2: Answer the eleven questions specified by your nominator.
- Who do you look up to most? Why? That is a tough question! I look up to my mom and Shelton the most.
- Do you watch reality shows? If you do, which is your favorite? If you don’t, why? Anything on TLC. Anything.
- What is your favorite book of all time? Impossible to answer.
- Favorite band of all time? Aerosmith!
- If you had to pick a song that best described you, what would it be? The Pretender by Jackson Browne (one of many).
- What is your biggest fear? That I will lose someone close to me.
- Night owl or early bird? I can swing both ways.
- If you’re willing to share, what’s your most embarrassing moment? I was walking to my very first college class and slipped and fell. It was raining and my white bermuda shorts were completely covered with mud. I still had to go to class though, and I felt so embarrassed because I smelled like a wet dog.
- Cats or dogs? Dogs.
- When you have nothing else to do, what do you find yourself doing? Writing. Aimlessly.
- What’s a talent you wish you had? I wish I could sing.
Liebster Award, Step 3: Ask eleven questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer.
- What’s a smell that takes you back to childhood?
- The mountains, or the sea?
- Do you ever meditate?
- What’s one electronic you can’t live without?
- Do you have a personal motto?
- How many states have you been to?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- What is a movie that always makes you laugh?
- Do you believe that you’re creative?
- Do you have a favorite season?
- What’s your dream?
One Lovely Blog Award, Step 3. Pass the award on to 15 other bloggers:
- Shh…Fit Happens
- STL Motherhood
- Positivity Pimp
- In The Next 30 Days
- Cluttered Genius
- Polka Dots & Lemonade
- Honey & Fitz
- Mom’s Small Victories
- Pricilla J. Designs
- Shopping Wives
- Half A Teaspoon
- The Mommy Mess
- Glued To My Crafts
- A Boy, A Girl, And The Marine Corps
- A Little CLAIREification
Liebster Award, Step 4. Nominate eleven bloggers: